Arroses tourism and travel guide
Visit Arroses: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Arroses is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 34 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Arroses is 620 kilometres from Paris).
Arroses, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Arroses in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Arroses
Markets in and near Arroses
- Riscle: market Friday (13km)
- Plaisance: market Thursday (15km)
- Marciac: market Wednesday (22km)
- Vic-en-Bigorre: market Saturday all day (23km)
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre: market Monday (28km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (34km)
- Tarbes: market Thursday all day (35km)
- Eauze: market Thursday all day (39km)
- Artix: market Wednesday & Sunday (40km)
- Hagetmau: market Wednesday all day (41km)
More information about Arroses, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Arroses, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Arroses.
- Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (21km)
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
- Beaumont sur l'Osee pont d'Artigues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (55km)
- Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (57km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Larressingle (56km)
- Marshall Foch house (38km)
- Jardins du château de Viven (22km)
- Palmeraie du Sarthou (23km)
- Jardin du château de Momas (28km)
- Jardin Massey (37km)
Towns of Art and history
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie (56km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Arroses
from Pau (prefecture): 34 km
from Paris: 620 km
from Calais: 837 km
from Nice: 594 km
from Bordeaux: 149 km
from Strasbourg: 825 km
Arroses is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Arroses from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 18 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arricau-Bordes, Aubous, Aurions-Idernes, Aydie, Betracq, Cadillon, Conchez-de-Bearn, Crouseilles, Diusse, Lasserre, Madiran, Monpezat, Mont-Disse, Portet, Saint-Jean-Poudge, Saint-Lanne, Semeacq-Blachon and Vialer.
This page in French: Visiter Arroses