We use the minimum cookies possible on this site to enable us to provide a satisfactory user experience and provide relevant advertising, but these can also be blocked if you prefer. This is easiest if you block them in your browser and with the Your Online Choices site (see below) but there are other options if you prefer (also listed below).
Most important information
- to opt out of personalised ads from google: Change Google Ads Settings
- to opt out of personalised ads from any ad agencies in the EU: Review Your Online Choices
- to opt out of having google analytics cookies on your computer Remove analytics cookies
- to opt out of data sharing with Criteo, a Google technology partner: Refuser les cookies Criteo
Personal information and cookies
For more information about cookies see Cookies (wikipedia).
You can check the cookies that our site uses (as well as the cookies used by other sites) at http://www.cookie-checker.com/
We use a session cookie to monitor your progress on the site: this has no personal information about you and is used to improve your experience during a visit. It expires as soon as the visit is finished.
We store no personal information about our visitors and have no access to personal information about our visitors.
Cookies are used by Google on our site with Google analytics and Google adsense to help enhance your experience and to help us to offer a better service to future visitors. These cookies record, for example, how long 'a visitor' spent on a particular page or on the site, or how often visitors come back to the site a second time, and allow personalised advertising.
Because we share information about your use of our site with Google the following links may be useful to you:
- for information on how Google uses this data visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
- to change your personal settings on google see https://myaccount.google.com/?hl=en
Under GDPR rules introduced in May 2018 everyone in Europe has the right to restrict access to their private data and prevent adverts being shown that are based on monitoring their online activity.
- See Google Ads Settings for information about how to opt out of personalised ads from Google
- See Your Online Choices for information about how to opt out of personalised ads from other ad agencies in the EU or aboutads.info in the US.
Under the Google EU User Consent Policy we must identify each ad technology provider that receives end users' personal data as a consequence of your use of a Google product, and provide information about the use of that data. Ad technology providers use this data, for example, to show you personalized adverts.
Many sites including this one use google analytics because it is very useful for monitoring trends in visitor behaviour, but if you prefer that your data is not used by google analytics you can prevent its use.
See https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for details.
IP anonymization is turned on in our google analytics accounts: your IP address is not recorded by google or ourselves and can not be personally identified with you.
Disabling all Cookies
You can prevent the setting of all cookies on your computer by adjusting the settings on your browser. Disabling cookies altogether will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit, therefore it is recommended that you do not do this, but it is always an option. See the following help pages depending on which browser you are using:
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Safari https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411
- Iphone and Ipad https://support.apple.com/HT201265
- Android Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647