Madiran tourism and travel guide
Visit Madiran: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Madiran is situated in the Hautes-Pyrenees department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south-west of France at 37 kilometres from Tarbes, the department capital (general information: Madiran is 618 kilometres from Paris).
Madiran, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Madiran in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Hautes-Pyrenees
Map of places to visit near Madiran
Markets in and near Madiran
- Plaisance: market Thursday (11km)
- Riscle: market Friday (12km)
- Marciac: market Wednesday (18km)
- Vic-en-Bigorre: market Saturday all day (22km)
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre: market Monday (25km)
- Tarbes: market Thursday all day (35km)
- Eauze: market Thursday all day (36km)
- Vic Fezensac: market Friday all day (37km)
- Mirande: market Monday (38km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (38km)
More information about Madiran, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Madiran, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Madiran.
- Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (23km)
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (47km)
- Beaumont sur l'Osee pont d'Artigues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (51km)
- Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (61km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Marshall Foch house (37km)
- Palmeraie du Sarthou (20km)
- Jardins du château de Viven (27km)
- Jardin du château de Momas (33km)
- Jardin Massey (37km)
Towns of Art and history
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie (61km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Madiran
from Tarbes (prefecture): 37 km
from Paris: 618 km
from Calais: 835 km
from Nice: 590 km
from Bordeaux: 149 km
from Strasbourg: 821 km
For driving distances to Madiran from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arroses, Aydie, Betracq, Castelnau-Riviere-Basse, Crouseilles, Hagedet, Heres, Lascazeres, Lasserre, Monpezat, Prechac-sur-Adour, Saint-Lanne, Semeacq-Blachon, Soublecause and Villefranque.
This page in French: Visiter Madiran