Saint-Lizier tourism and travel guide
Visit Saint-Lizier: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: A small village in the Natural Regional Park of the Ariege Pyrenees, Saint-Lizier is very picturesque and also has a cathedral and other notable monuments
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Saint-Lizier. For detailed visitor information see the Saint-Lizier travel guide.
Saint-Lizier is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 38 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Saint-Lizier is 657 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Saint-Lizier include "most beautiful village".
Saint-Lizier, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saint-Lizier in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Saint-Lizier
Markets in and near Saint-Lizier
- Saint-Girons: market Saturday (2km)
- Seix: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (16km)
- Salies-du-Salat: market Monday (18km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (24km)
- Cazeres: market Saturday (24km)
- Aspet: market Wednesday & Saturday (27km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market Sunday - seasonal market only (29km)
- Carbonne: market Thursday (35km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market Saturday (35km)
- Saint-Gaudens: market Thursday (35km)
More information about Saint-Lizier, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Saint-Lizier, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Lizier.
- Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (0km)
- Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (12km)
- Valcabrère basilique St Just (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (45km)
- Montmaurin Gallo-Roman Villa (48km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (24km)
- Jardin de la poterie Hillen (55km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Henne Morte (22km)
- Cirque d'Anglade (31km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (41km)
- Gorges de la Save (47km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saint-Lizier
from Foix (prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 657 km
from Calais: 885 km
from Nice: 502 km
from Bordeaux: 246 km
from Strasbourg: 804 km
For driving distances to Saint-Lizier from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Caumont, Encourtiech, Eycheil, Gajan, Lorp-Sentaraille, Mercenac, Montegut-en-Couserans, Montesquieu-Avantes, Montgauch, Montjoie-en-Couserans, Moulis, Saint-Girons, Taurignan-Castet and Taurignan-Vieux.
This page in French: Visiter Saint-Lizier