Saint-Girons tourism and travel guide
Visit Saint-Girons: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Saint-Girons is a quiet town, a perfect chance to see an unspoiled local town typical of this region
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Saint-Girons. For detailed visitor information see the Saint-Girons travel guide.
Saint-Girons is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 38 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Saint-Girons is 659 kilometres from Paris).
Saint-Girons, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saint-Girons in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Saint-Girons
Markets in and near Saint-Girons
Market days in Saint-Girons: weekly market: Saturday;
- Saint-Girons: market Saturday (0km)
- Seix: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (14km)
- Salies-du-Salat: market Monday (20km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (23km)
- Cazeres: market Saturday (26km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market Sunday - seasonal market only (27km)
- Aspet: market Wednesday & Saturday (28km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market Saturday (36km)
- Saint-Gaudens: market Thursday (36km)
- Carbonne: market Thursday (36km)
More information about Saint-Girons, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Saint-Girons, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Girons.
- Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (2km)
- Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (12km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Lizier (2km)
- Montmaurin Gallo-Roman Villa (49km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (23km)
- Jardin de la poterie Hillen (57km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Henne Morte (23km)
- Cirque d'Anglade (29km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (39km)
- Gorges de la Save (48km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saint-Girons
from Foix (prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 659 km
from Calais: 887 km
from Nice: 502 km
from Bordeaux: 248 km
from Strasbourg: 805 km
For driving distances to Saint-Girons from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Caumont, Encourtiech, Erp, Eycheil, Gajan, Lacourt, Lorp-Sentaraille, Montegut-en-Couserans, Montesquieu-Avantes, Montgauch, Montjoie-en-Couserans, Moulis, Saint-Lizier, Taurignan-Castet and Taurignan-Vieux.
This page in French: Visiter Saint-Girons