Montjoie-en-Couserans tourism and travel guide
Visit Montjoie-en-Couserans: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The tiny village of Montjoie-en-Couserans is included because it is the start point of a picturesque driving tour of the surrounding villages
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Montjoie-en-Couserans. For detailed visitor information see the Montjoie-en-Couserans travel guide.
Montjoie-en-Couserans is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 37 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Montjoie-en-Couserans is 657 kilometres from Paris).
Montjoie-en-Couserans, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montjoie-en-Couserans in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Montjoie-en-Couserans
Markets in and near Montjoie-en-Couserans
- Saint-Girons: market Saturday (2km)
- Seix: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (16km)
- Salies-du-Salat: market Monday (20km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (22km)
- Cazeres: market Saturday (24km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market Sunday - seasonal market only (28km)
- Aspet: market Wednesday & Saturday (29km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market Saturday (34km)
- Carbonne: market Thursday (34km)
- Saint-Gaudens: market Thursday (37km)
More information about Montjoie-en-Couserans, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Montjoie-en-Couserans, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montjoie-en-Couserans.
- Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (2km)
- Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (14km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Lizier (2km)
- Montmaurin Gallo-Roman Villa (49km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (22km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Henne Morte (24km)
- Cirque d'Anglade (30km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (40km)
- Gorges de la Save (48km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montjoie-en-Couserans
from Foix (prefecture): 37 km
from Paris: 657 km
from Calais: 885 km
from Nice: 500 km
from Bordeaux: 247 km
from Strasbourg: 803 km
For driving distances to Montjoie-en-Couserans from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Encourtiech, Eycheil, Gajan, Lorp-Sentaraille, Montegut-en-Couserans, Montesquieu-Avantes, Moulis, Riverenert, Saint-Girons, Saint-Lizier, Taurignan-Castet and Taurignan-Vieux.
This page in French: Visiter Montjoie-en-Couserans