Lavaudieu tourism and travel guide
Visit Lavaudieu: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Lavaoudieu is listed among the most beautiful villages in France, and has the roman style Abbey de Lavaudieu as principal attraction
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Lavaudieu. For detailed visitor information see the Lavaudieu travel guide.
Lavaudieu is situated in the Haute-Loire department and Auvergne region (now part of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region), in the southern-centre of France at 42 kilometres from Le Puy-en-Velay, the department capital (general information: Lavaudieu is 408 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Lavaudieu include "most beautiful village".
Lavaudieu, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Lavaudieu in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Haute-Loire
Map of places to visit near Lavaudieu
Markets in and near Lavaudieu
- Brioude: market Saturday (6km)
- Paulhaguet: market Monday (8km)
- Champagnac-le-Vieux: market Friday (11km)
- Langeac: market Tuesday & Thursday & (19km)
- Brassac-les-Mines: market Sunday (19km)
- Sainte-Florine: market Sunday (19km)
- La Chaise-Dieu: market Thursday & Sunday (20km)
- Massiac: market Tuesday (20km)
- Allegre: market Wednesday (21km)
- Arlanc: market Monday (27km)
More information about Lavaudieu, Auvergne
Tourist attractions near Lavaudieu, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Lavaudieu.
- Le Puy-en-Velay Hotel-Dieu St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (41km)
- Le Puy-en-Velay cathédrale Notre-Dame (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (42km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Villeneuve-Lembron Chateau (32km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Livradois-Forez (35km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Basilique de Saint Julien (Brioude) (6km)
- Abbaye Saint-Andre (Lavaudieu) (7km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame de Mailhat (Lamontgie) (22km)
- Abbaye Saint Pierre (Blesle) (23km)
- Eglise de Saint Georges (Saint-Paulien) (31km)
- Eglise de Saint Austremoine d'Issoire (Issoire) (35km)
- Eglise Notre Dame (Saint-Saturnin) (53km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Saint-Nectaire) (53km)
- Jardins du château d'Hauterive (35km)
- Jardin de l’écomusée (41km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Mont Mouchet (33km)
- Bois Noirs (33km)
- Signal du Luguet (37km)
- Col des Pradeaux (42km)
- Lac du Bouchet (47km)
- Cascade de la Beaume (49km)
- Lac Pavin (51km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Massiac (20km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Lavaudieu
from Le Puy-en-Velay (prefecture): 42 km
from Paris: 408 km
from Calais: 643 km
from Nice: 349 km
from Bordeaux: 320 km
from Strasbourg: 492 km
For driving distances to Lavaudieu from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Brioude, Chaniat, Domeyrat, Fontannes, Frugieres-le-Pin, Javaugues, La Chomette, Lamothe, Vals-le-Chastel and Vieille-Brioude.
This page in French: Visiter Lavaudieu