Montfort-en-Chalosse tourism and travel guide
Visit Montfort-en-Chalosse: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Montfort-en-Chalosse is situated in the Landes department and Aquitaine region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the south-west of France at 34 kilometres from Mont-de-Marsan, the department capital (general information: Montfort-en-Chalosse is 622 kilometres from Paris).
Montfort-en-Chalosse, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montfort-en-Chalosse in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Landes
Map of places to visit near Montfort-en-Chalosse
Markets in and near Montfort-en-Chalosse
- Tartas: market Saturday (14km)
- Amou: market Sunday (15km)
- Saint-Paul-les-Dax: market Thursday - seasonal market only (16km)
- Dax: market Sunday & Saturday (17km)
- Hagetmau: market Wednesday all day (21km)
- Orthez: market Tuesday (25km)
- Salies-de-Bearn: market Thursday (28km)
- Peyrehorade: market Wednesday & Saturday (29km)
- Saint-Geours-de-Maremne: market Sunday (31km)
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market Saturday (33km)
More information about Montfort-en-Chalosse, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Montfort-en-Chalosse, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montfort-en-Chalosse.
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (22km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (27km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- La Bastide-Clairence (46km)
- Parc du Sarrat (17km)
- Jardin du château de Momas (43km)
- Jardins du château de Viven (47km)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (60km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Courant de Huchet (45km)
- Marais d'Orx (46km)
- Courant de Contis (57km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Hagetmau (21km)
- Mont-de-Marsan (34km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montfort-en-Chalosse
from Mont-de-Marsan (prefecture): 34 km
from Paris: 622 km
from Calais: 830 km
from Nice: 652 km
from Bordeaux: 127 km
from Strasbourg: 854 km
Montfort-en-Chalosse is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Montfort-en-Chalosse from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 17 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Baigts, Cassen, Castelnau-Chalosse, Donzacq, Gamarde-les-Bains, Garrey, Gibret, Goos, Lahosse, Laurede, Lourquen, Nousse, Ozourt, Poyanne, Poyartin, Prechacq-les-Bains and Saint-Geours-d'Auribat.
This page in French: Visiter Montfort-en-Chalosse