Montagut tourism and travel guide
Visit Montagut: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Montagut is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 29 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Montagut is 630 kilometres from Paris).
Montagut, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montagut in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Montagut
Markets in and near Montagut
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market Saturday (12km)
- Hagetmau: market Wednesday all day (14km)
- Artix: market Wednesday & Sunday (17km)
- Amou: market Sunday (20km)
- Mourenx: market Wednesday & Saturday (20km)
- Orthez: market Tuesday (23km)
- Monein: market Monday (26km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (30km)
- Navarrenx: market Wednesday (32km)
- Salies-de-Bearn: market Thursday (35km)
More information about Montagut, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Montagut, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montagut.
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (24km)
- Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (25km)
- Eglise St Blaise (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (39km)
- Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (41km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
- Jardin du château de Momas (12km)
- Jardins du château de Viven (14km)
- Palmeraie du Sarthou (47km)
- Parc du Sarrat (48km)
Towns of Art and history
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie (41km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montagut
from Pau (prefecture): 29 km
from Paris: 630 km
from Calais: 842 km
from Nice: 626 km
from Bordeaux: 144 km
from Strasbourg: 847 km
Montagut is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Montagut from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arget, Bouillon, Cabidos, Casteide-Candau, Garos, Louvigny, Malaussanne, Mant, Monget, Morlanne, Peyre, Philondenx and Piets-Plasence-Moustrou.
This page in French: Visiter Montagut