Meracq tourism and travel guide
Visit Meracq: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Meracq is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 23 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Meracq is 630 kilometres from Paris).
Meracq, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Meracq in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Meracq
Markets in and near Meracq
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market Saturday (19km)
- Artix: market Wednesday & Sunday (19km)
- Hagetmau: market Wednesday all day (23km)
- Mourenx: market Wednesday & Saturday (23km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (24km)
- Monein: market Monday (26km)
- Riscle: market Friday (29km)
- Amou: market Sunday (30km)
- Gan: market Wednesday (31km)
- Orthez: market Tuesday (32km)
More information about Meracq, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Meracq, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Meracq.
- Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (23km)
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (31km)
- Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (41km)
- Eglise St Blaise (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (42km)
- Marshall Foch house (49km)
- Jardins du château de Viven (5km)
- Jardin du château de Momas (8km)
- Palmeraie du Sarthou (40km)
- Jardin Massey (48km)
Towns of Art and history
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie (40km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Zoo d'Asson (44km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Meracq
from Pau (prefecture): 23 km
from Paris: 630 km
from Calais: 844 km
from Nice: 617 km
from Bordeaux: 148 km
from Strasbourg: 843 km
Meracq is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Meracq from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 21 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arzacq-Arraziguet, Auga, Auriac, Boueilh-Boueilho-Lasque, Cabidos, Coublucq, Fichous-Riumayou, Garlede-Mondebat, Lalonquette, Lauret, Leme, Loncon, Louvigny, Mialos, Philondenx, Pouliacq, Poursiugues-Boucoue, Seby, Theze, Vignes and Viven.
This page in French: Visiter Meracq