Viven tourism and travel guide
Visit Viven: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Viven is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 18 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Viven is 635 kilometres from Paris).
Viven, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Viven in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Viven
Markets in and near Viven
- Artix: market Wednesday & Sunday (18km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (19km)
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market Saturday (19km)
- Mourenx: market Wednesday & Saturday (21km)
- Monein: market Monday (23km)
- Gan: market Wednesday (26km)
- Hagetmau: market Wednesday all day (28km)
- Riscle: market Friday (31km)
- Amou: market Sunday (33km)
- Orthez: market Tuesday (33km)
More information about Viven, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Viven, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Viven.
- Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (27km)
- Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (37km)
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (37km)
- Eglise St Blaise (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (40km)
- Marshall Foch house (44km)
- Jardins du château de Viven (0km)
- Jardin du château de Momas (6km)
- Palmeraie du Sarthou (43km)
- Jardin Massey (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Grottes de Betharram (43km)
Towns of Art and history
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie (36km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Zoo d'Asson (38km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Viven
from Pau (prefecture): 18 km
from Paris: 635 km
from Calais: 849 km
from Nice: 616 km
from Bordeaux: 154 km
from Strasbourg: 846 km
Viven is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Viven from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 21 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Argelos, Astis, Aubin, Auga, Auriac, Bournos, Caubios-Loos, Claracq, Doumy, Garlede-Mondebat, Lalonquette, Leme, Loncon, Meracq, Mialos, Miossens-Lanusse, Momas, Navailles-Angos, Saint-Armou, Seby and Theze.
This page in French: Visiter Viven