Dax tourism and travel guide
Visit Dax: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Established as a spa since Roman times, Dax is a pleasant if quiet town to visit
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Dax. For detailed visitor information see the Dax travel guide.
Dax is situated in the Landes department and Aquitaine region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the south-west of France at 49 kilometres from Mont-de-Marsan, the department capital (general information: Dax is 629 kilometres from Paris).
Dax, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Dax in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Landes
Map of places to visit near Dax
Markets in and near Dax
Market days in Dax: weekly market: Sunday & Saturday;
- Dax: market Sunday & Saturday (0km)
- Saint-Paul-les-Dax: market Thursday - seasonal market only (2km)
- Saint-Geours-de-Maremne: market Sunday (15km)
- Peyrehorade: market Wednesday & Saturday (19km)
- Saint-Vincent-de-Tyrosse: market Friday (21km)
- Soustons: market Monday & Thursday - seasonal market only (23km)
- Tartas: market Saturday (24km)
- Seignosse: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday (26km)
- Amou: market Sunday (28km)
- Leon: market every day (28km)
More information about Dax, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Dax, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Dax.
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (20km)
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (39km)
- Bayonne cathédrale de Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (42km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Parc du Sarrat (0km)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (48km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (42km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Marais d'Orx (30km)
- Courant de Huchet (31km)
- Courant de Contis (48km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Dax
from Mont-de-Marsan (prefecture): 49 km
from Paris: 629 km
from Calais: 834 km
from Nice: 668 km
from Bordeaux: 131 km
from Strasbourg: 867 km
Dax is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Dax from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Candresse, Mees, Narrosse, Oeyreluy, Saint-Pandelon, Saint-Paul-les-Dax, Saint-Vincent-de-Paul, Saugnac-et-Cambran, Seyresse, Tercis-les-Bains and Yzosse.
This page in French: Visiter Dax