Cos tourism and travel guide
Visit Cos: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Cos is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 3 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Cos is 656 kilometres from Paris).
Cos, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Cos in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Cos
Markets in and near Cos
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (12km)
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (16km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (23km)
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (28km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market Sunday - seasonal market only (28km)
- Saverdun: market Friday (28km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (31km)
- Mazeres: market Thursday (31km)
- Seix: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (33km)
- Saint-Girons: market Saturday (35km)
More information about Cos, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Cos, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Cos.
- Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (35km)
- Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (45km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (12km)
- Parc aux Bambous (24km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (31km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (31km)
- Cirque d'Anglade (41km)
- Cirque du Sisca (45km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Cos
from Foix (prefecture): 3 km
from Paris: 656 km
from Calais: 886 km
from Nice: 468 km
from Bordeaux: 269 km
from Strasbourg: 786 km
For driving distances to Cos from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 16 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arabaux, Baulou, Benac, Brassac, Cadarcet, Crampagna, Ferrieres-sur-Ariege, Foix, Ganac, Loubieres, Prayols, Saint-Jean-de-Verges, Saint-Martin-de-Caralp, Saint-Pierre-de-Riviere, Serres-sur-Arget and Vernajoul.
This page in French: Visiter Cos