Foix tourism and travel guide
Visit Foix: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The narrow medieval streets, the imposing castle above the town and the lovely setting make Foix an unmissable destination in Ariege
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Foix. For detailed visitor information see the Foix travel guide.
Foix is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Ariege department (general information: Foix is 657 kilometres from Paris).
Foix, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Foix in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Foix
Markets in and near Foix
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (15km)
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (17km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (20km)
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (25km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (28km)
- Saverdun: market Friday (29km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market Sunday - seasonal market only (30km)
- Mazeres: market Thursday (31km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market Thursday - seasonal market only (34km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market Tuesday & Saturday (34km)
More information about Foix, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Foix, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Foix.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (15km)
- Parc aux Bambous (23km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (28km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (32km)
- Cirque d'Anglade (43km)
- Cirque du Sisca (43km)
- Lac du Bouillouses (55km)
- Lac des Bouillouses (55km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Foix
from Foix (prefecture): 1 km
from Paris: 657 km
from Calais: 887 km
from Nice: 465 km
from Bordeaux: 271 km
from Strasbourg: 784 km
For driving distances to Foix from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arabaux, Brassac, Cos, Ferrieres-sur-Ariege, Ganac, Gudas, Loubieres, Pradieres, Prayols, Saint-Jean-de-Verges, Saint-Martin-de-Caralp, Saint-Pierre-de-Riviere and Vernajoul.
This page in French: Visiter Foix