Varilhes tourism and travel guide
Visit Varilhes: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Varilhes is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 9 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Varilhes is 648 kilometres from Paris).
Varilhes, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Varilhes in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Varilhes
Markets in and near Varilhes
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (9km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (17km)
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (21km)
- Saverdun: market Friday (21km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (22km)
- Mazeres: market Thursday (23km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (30km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market Saturday (34km)
- Auterive: market Friday (36km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market Sunday - seasonal market only (37km)
More information about Varilhes, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Varilhes, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Varilhes.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (17km)
- Parc aux Bambous (15km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (30km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (40km)
- Cirque d'Anglade (50km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Varilhes
from Foix (prefecture): 9 km
from Paris: 648 km
from Calais: 879 km
from Nice: 462 km
from Bordeaux: 266 km
from Strasbourg: 777 km
For driving distances to Varilhes from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Artix, Benagues, Coussa, Crampagna, Dalou, Gudas, Loubieres, Rieux-de-Pelleport, Saint-Bauzeil, Saint-Felix-de-Rieutord, Saint-Jean-de-Verges, Saint-Jean-du-Falga, Segura and Verniolle.
This page in French: Visiter Varilhes