Mormant-sur-Vernisson tourism and travel guide
Visit Mormant-sur-Vernisson: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Mormant-sur-Vernisson is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 62 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Mormant-sur-Vernisson is 105 kilometres from Paris).
Mormant-sur-Vernisson, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Mormant-sur-Vernisson in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Mormant-sur-Vernisson
Markets in and near Mormant-sur-Vernisson
- Chalette-sur-Loing: market Friday (6km)
- Montargis: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (9km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (16km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (18km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (26km)
- Egreville: market Monday (27km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (30km)
- Bleneau: market Tuesday (32km)
- Briare: market Friday (33km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (34km)
More information about Mormant-sur-Vernisson, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Mormant-sur-Vernisson, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Mormant-sur-Vernisson.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (28km)
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (36km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (12km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (18km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (19km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (39km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Mormant-sur-Vernisson
from Orleans (prefecture): 62 km
from Paris: 105 km
from Calais: 340 km
from Nice: 588 km
from Bordeaux: 429 km
from Strasbourg: 378 km
Mormant-sur-Vernisson is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Mormant-sur-Vernisson from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Mormant-sur-Vernisson