Montcresson tourism and travel guide
Visit Montcresson: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Montcresson is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 67 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Montcresson is 111 kilometres from Paris).
Montcresson, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montcresson in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Montcresson
Markets in and near Montcresson
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (10km)
- Chalette-sur-Loing: market Friday (12km)
- Montargis: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (15km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (22km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (24km)
- Bleneau: market Tuesday (25km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (28km)
- Briare: market Friday (29km)
- Egreville: market Monday (30km)
- Chatillon-sur-Loire: market Thursday (35km)
More information about Montcresson, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Montcresson, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montcresson.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (35km)
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (39km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (9km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (14km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (15km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (45km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (62km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montcresson
from Orleans (prefecture): 67 km
from Paris: 111 km
from Calais: 345 km
from Nice: 581 km
from Bordeaux: 429 km
from Strasbourg: 374 km
Montcresson is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Montcresson from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 8 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Conflans-sur-Loing, Cortrat, La Chapelle-sur-Aveyron, Montbouy, Mormant-sur-Vernisson, Pressigny-les-Pins, Saint-Germain-Des-Pres and Solterre.
This page in French: Visiter Montcresson