Montbouy tourism and travel guide
Visit Montbouy: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Montbouy is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 68 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Montbouy is 116 kilometres from Paris).
Montbouy, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montbouy in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Montbouy
Markets in and near Montbouy
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (5km)
- Chalette-sur-Loing: market Friday (17km)
- Montargis: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (20km)
- Bleneau: market Tuesday (20km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (23km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (24km)
- Briare: market Friday (24km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (27km)
- Chatillon-sur-Loire: market Thursday (30km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market Friday (31km)
More information about Montbouy, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Montbouy, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montbouy.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (38km)
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (39km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (6km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (11km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (15km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montbouy
from Orleans (prefecture): 68 km
from Paris: 116 km
from Calais: 350 km
from Nice: 577 km
from Bordeaux: 425 km
from Strasbourg: 374 km
Montbouy is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Montbouy from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 7 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Chatillon-Coligny, Cortrat, La Chapelle-sur-Aveyron, Montcresson, Pressigny-les-Pins, Sainte-Genevieve-Des-Bois and Solterre.
This page in French: Visiter Montbouy