Saint-Germain-Des-Pres tourism and travel guide
Visit Saint-Germain-Des-Pres: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Saint-Germain-Des-Pres is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 70 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Saint-Germain-Des-Pres is 107 kilometres from Paris).
Saint-Germain-Des-Pres, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saint-Germain-Des-Pres in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Saint-Germain-Des-Pres
Markets in and near Saint-Germain-Des-Pres
- Chalette-sur-Loing: market Friday (10km)
- Montargis: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (13km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (15km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (18km)
- Egreville: market Monday (25km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (26km)
- Bleneau: market Tuesday (29km)
- Saint-Valerien: market Saturday (31km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (34km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (34km)
More information about Saint-Germain-Des-Pres, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Saint-Germain-Des-Pres, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Germain-Des-Pres.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (36km)
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (44km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (10km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (15km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (21km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (56km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saint-Germain-Des-Pres
from Orleans (prefecture): 70 km
from Paris: 107 km
from Calais: 341 km
from Nice: 583 km
from Bordeaux: 435 km
from Strasbourg: 369 km
Saint-Germain-Des-Pres is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Saint-Germain-Des-Pres from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Saint-Germain-Des-Pres