Vimory tourism and travel guide
Visit Vimory: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Vimory is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 58 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Vimory is 104 kilometres from Paris).
Vimory, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Vimory in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Vimory
Markets in and near Vimory
- Chalette-sur-Loing: market Friday (7km)
- Montargis: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (9km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (15km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (18km)
- Egreville: market Monday (29km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (29km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (29km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (31km)
- Puiseaux: market Monday (33km)
- Briare: market Friday (33km)
More information about Vimory, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Vimory, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Vimory.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (25km)
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (32km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (14km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (20km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (22km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (36km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Vimory
from Orleans (prefecture): 58 km
from Paris: 104 km
from Calais: 339 km
from Nice: 590 km
from Bordeaux: 427 km
from Strasbourg: 381 km
Vimory is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Vimory from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Amilly, Chalette-sur-Loing, Chevillon-sur-Huillard, Cortrat, Lombreuil, Mormant-sur-Vernisson, Oussoy-en-Gatinais, Saint-Hilaire-sur-Puiseaux, Saint-Maurice-sur-Fessard, Solterre and Villemandeur.
This page in French: Visiter Vimory