Meras tourism and travel guide
Visit Meras: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Meras is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 34 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Meras is 636 kilometres from Paris).
Meras, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Meras in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Meras
Markets in and near Meras
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market Saturday (11km)
- Carbonne: market Thursday (16km)
- Cazeres: market Saturday (19km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (21km)
- Saverdun: market Friday (22km)
- Auterive: market Friday (23km)
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (25km)
- Saint-Girons: market Saturday (26km)
- Salies-du-Salat: market Monday (30km)
- Rieumes: market Thursday (30km)
More information about Meras, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Meras, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Meras.
- Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (24km)
- Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (36km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Lizier (24km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (22km)
- Parc aux Bambous (36km)
- Jardin et parc du château de Loubens (58km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Henne Morte (43km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Meras
from Foix (prefecture): 34 km
from Paris: 636 km
from Calais: 865 km
from Nice: 484 km
from Bordeaux: 238 km
from Strasbourg: 780 km
For driving distances to Meras from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bax, Campagne-sur-Arize, Canens, Castagnac, Castex, Daumazan-sur-Arize, Fornex, La Bastide-de-Besplas, Lapeyrere, Latour, Loubaut, Massabrac, Montbrun-Bocage, Sieuras and Thouars-sur-Arize.
This page in French: Visiter Meras