Longwy tourism and travel guide
Visit Longwy: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Longwy is situated in the Meurthe-et-Moselle department and Lorraine region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 97 kilometres from Nancy, the department capital (general information: Longwy is 259 kilometres from Paris).
Longwy, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Longwy in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
Map of places to visit near Longwy
Markets in and near Longwy
Market days in Longwy: weekly market: Thursday & Saturday;
- Longwy: market Thursday & Saturday (0km)
- Villerupt: market Tuesday & Friday (14km)
- Longuyon: market Friday (14km)
- Audun-le-Tiche: market Saturday (15km)
- Ottange: market Thursday (20km)
- Piennes: market Thursday (23km)
- Knutange: market Wednesday (28km)
- Hayange: market Thursday & Saturday (30km)
- Thionville: market Saturday (34km)
- Fameck: market Saturday (35km)
More information about Longwy, Lorraine
Tourist attractions near Longwy, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Longwy.
- Longwy ville neuve (Vauban fortifications) (0km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Metz (51km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Rombas (38km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique d'Amnéville (41km)
Geography and distances
New region: Grand-Est
Distance to Longwy
from Nancy (prefecture): 97 km
from Paris: 259 km
from Calais: 320 km
from Nice: 657 km
from Bordeaux: 707 km
from Strasbourg: 178 km
For driving distances to Longwy from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 16 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Chenieres, Cons-la-Grandville, Cosnes-et-Romain, Cutry, Gorcy, Haucourt-Moulaine, Herserange, Lexy, Longlaville, Mexy, Mont-Saint-Martin, Rehon, Saulnes, Ugny, Villers-la-Chevre and Villers-la-Montagne.
This page in French: Visiter Longwy