Cambrai tourism and travel guide
Visit Cambrai: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Remarkably for the town that was the site of the world's first ever tank batle, Cambrai is very interesting to explore with lots of historical monuments and a high quality museum
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Cambrai. For detailed visitor information see the Cambrai travel guide.
Cambrai is situated in the Nord department and Nord-Pas-de-Calais region (now part of the Hauts-de-France region), in the north-east of France at 53 kilometres from Lille, the department capital (general information: Cambrai is 159 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Cambrai include "town of art and history".
Cambrai, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Cambrai in Hauts-de-France.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Nord
Map of places to visit near Cambrai
Markets in and near Cambrai
Market days in Cambrai: weekly market: Wednesday & Saturday;
- Cambrai: market Wednesday & Saturday (0km)
- Avesnes-les-Aubert: market Thursday & Sunday (11km)
- Caudry: market Tuesday & Friday (14km)
- Douchy-les-Mines: market Saturday (18km)
- Aniche: market Friday (19km)
- Abscon: market Tuesday (19km)
- Escaudain: market Monday (20km)
- Denain: market Thursday (21km)
- Fenain: market Saturday (22km)
- Douai: market Wednesday & Saturday (24km)
More information about Cambrai, Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Tourist attractions near Cambrai, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Cambrai.
- Beffroi de Cambrai (Belfries of Belgium and France) (0km)
- Beffroi de Douai (Belfries of Belgium and France) (24km)
- Beffroi et hôtel de ville d'Arras (Belfries of Belgium and France) (35km)
- Arras citadelle (Vauban fortifications) (36km)
- Beffroi de Béthune (Belfries of Belgium and France) (58km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Saint-Amand-les-Eaux (34km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Scarpe-Escaut (32km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame de Vaucelles (Les Rues-des-Vignes) (10km)
- Le jardin de Sylvie Fontaine (38km)
- Jardins du château (47km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Réserve naturelle régionale de la Tourbière de Vred (25km)
- Réserve naturelle régionale du Marais de Wagnonville (27km)
- Réserve naturelle régionale du Pré des Nonnettes (28km)
- Réserve naturelle des Marais d'Isle (36km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Mastaing (16km)
- Guyencourt-Saulcourt (22km)
- Gauchy (39km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Cambrai
from Lille (prefecture): 53 km
from Paris: 159 km
from Calais: 130 km
from Nice: 781 km
from Bordeaux: 658 km
from Strasbourg: 371 km
For driving distances to Cambrai from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 24 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Awoingt, Blecourt, Cagnoncles, Cantaing-sur-Escaut, Cauroir, Cuvillers, Escaudoeuvres, Eswars, Fontaine-Notre-Dame, Haynecourt, Marcoing, Neuville-Saint-Remy, Niergnies, Noyelles-sur-Escaut, Proville, Raillencourt-Sainte-Olle, Ramillies, Rumilly-en-Cambresis, Sailly-Lez-Cambrai, Sancourt, Seranvillers-Forenville, Thun-Saint-Martin, Tilloy-Lez-Cambrai and Wambaix.
This page in French: Visiter Cambrai