Amiens tourism and travel guide
Visit Amiens: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: As well as the remarkabe gothic style cathedral which attracts most visitors, Amiens also has several other sites of interest and museums
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Amiens. For detailed visitor information see the Amiens travel guide.
Amiens is situated in the Somme department and Picardy region (now part of the Hauts-de-France region), in the north of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Somme department (general information: Amiens is 116 kilometres from Paris).
Attractions in Amiens
The 13th century cathedral in Amiens is a fabulous example of gothic style architecture and the tallest cathedral in France: Amiens Cathedral
Tourist classifications for Amiens include "heritage site" and "town of art and history".
Amiens, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Amiens in Hauts-de-France.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Somme
Map of places to visit near Amiens
Markets in and near Amiens
Market days in Amiens: weekly market: Thursday & Sunday & Saturday & all day;
- Amiens: market Thursday & Sunday & Saturday & all day (0km)
- Corbie: market Friday (15km)
- Moreuil: market Tuesday (20km)
- Saint-Ouen: market Sunday (20km)
- Poix-de-Picardie: market Sunday (26km)
- Albert: market Saturday (28km)
- Doullens: market Thursday (28km)
- Rosieres-en-Santerre: market Tuesday (30km)
- Montdidier: market Thursday (34km)
- Abbeville: market Thursday & Saturday (40km)
More information about Amiens, Picardy
Tourist attractions near Amiens, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Amiens.
- Beffroi d'Amiens (Belfries of Belgium and France) (0km)
- Folleville église Saint-Jacques-le-Majeur-et-Saint-Jean-Baptiste (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (25km)
- Beffroi de Doullens (Belfries of Belgium and France) (29km)
- Beffroi de Lucheux (Belfries of Belgium and France) (34km)
- Beffroi de Saint-Riquier (Belfries of Belgium and France) (36km)
- Beffroi d'Abbeville (Belfries of Belgium and France) (41km)
- Arras citadelle (Vauban fortifications) (54km)
- Beffroi et hôtel de ville d'Arras (Belfries of Belgium and France) (55km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Gerberoy (52km)
- Le clos Alexandre (0km)
- Jardin du château de Maizicourt (35km)
- Parc du château de Digeon (36km)
- Parc et roseraie du château de Rambures (43km)
- Parc du château de Sericourt (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Réserve naturelle de l'Étang Saint-Ladre (7km)
- Montagne de Montenoy (23km)
- Hortillonnages d'Amiens (42km)
- Forêt de Crécy (50km)
Towns of Art and history
- Arras (54km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Boubers-sur-Canche (43km)
- Forest-l'Abbaye (48km)
- Mureaumont (48km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Amiens
from Amiens (prefecture): 9 km
from Paris: 116 km
from Calais: 121 km
from Nice: 786 km
from Bordeaux: 603 km
from Strasbourg: 422 km
Amiens is in the north of France. Most visitors take a a cross-channel ferry to a nearby port such as Dieppe or Boulogne or the channel tunnel to Calais. For driving distances to Amiens from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Allonville, Argoeuves, Cagny, Camon, Cardonnette, Dreuil-les-Amiens, Dury, Longueau, Pont-de-Metz, Poulainville, Rivery, Saleux and Salouel.
This page in French: Visiter Amiens