Les Jardins de Sericourt, Pas-de-Calais: visitors guide
Visit Les Jardins de Sericourt, FrancePhoto Gallery
The Jardins de Sericourt is a wonderful garden which has been awarded 'Jardin Remarquable' status in Frace and was voted best garden of 2012 by the association of French garden journalists. It is situated in the village of Sericourt, close to Arras and in the Pas-de-Calais department of northern France.
Explore the Gardens of Sericourt
The gardens are really a series of different gardens which cover over 4 hectares. A walk around the garden allows you to discover all 29 different gardens which include large statements like the "jardin guerrier" (warrior garden) where yew trees have been shaped into ordered columns inspired by China's terracotta army.
The war theme continues with the craters in the walk leading up to the warrior garden and the neighbouring "champ de bataille" or battlefield where the red poppies evoke the nearby battlefields of the Somme. The light reflecting on the golden yews of the warrior garden creates an extraordinary depth of colour.
The cathedral of roses is another garden feature of massive proportions and showcases some lovely roses. A topiary garden, land art, geometric garden and a labyrinth made of grasses are some of the other gardens you will see.
English style flower gardens are not in evidence though there is a perennial garden and a pond, but scale and drama are more the order of the day at Sericourt and this they do very successfully.
Les Jardins de Sericourt Opening Hours
The gardens are open every day from Tuesday to Saturday 09.00-12.00 and 14.00-18.00 and from 1 May to 15 October from Sunday and Monday as well 15.00-18.00
The gardens can be found at number 2, Rue du Bois in the village of Sericourt.
Places to visit nearby
Arras is a splendid town with some spectacular Flemish architecture.
You can find more local travel ideas in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais guide.
Map of Les Jardins de Sericourt and places nearby
Visit near Les Jardins de Sericourt with France This Way reviews
Plan your visit to Les Jardins de Sericourt, Pas-de-Calais
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Parc du château de Sericourt: remarkable garden
- Boubers-sur-Canche: ville fleurie 4* (6 km)
- Beffroi de Lucheux (Belfries of Belgium and France): heritage site (13 km)
- Beffroi de Doullens (Belfries of Belgium and France): heritage site (15 km)
- Jardin du château de Maizicourt: remarkable garden (18 km)
- Le jardin des Lianes: remarkable garden (20 km)
- Beffroi d'Hesdin (Belfries of Belgium and France): heritage site (22 km)
- Forêt d'Hesdin: site of natural beauty (24 km)
- Beffroi de Saint-Riquier (Belfries of Belgium and France): heritage site (32 km)
- Beffroi de Béthune (Belfries of Belgium and France): heritage site (35 km)
The French version of this page is at Les Jardins de Sericourt (Francais)