Villefranche-de-Rouergue tourism and travel guide
Visit Villefranche-de-Rouergue: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The 13th century bastide town of Villefranche-de-Rouergue is very much a traditional local town of the region
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Villefranche-de-Rouergue. For detailed visitor information see the Villefranche-de-Rouergue travel guide.
Villefranche-de-Rouergue is situated in the Aveyron department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the southern-centre of France at 43 kilometres from Rodez, the department capital (general information: Villefranche-de-Rouergue is 501 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Villefranche-de-Rouergue include "recommended detour" and "town of art and history".
Villefranche-de-Rouergue, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Villefranche-de-Rouergue in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aveyron
Map of places to visit near Villefranche-de-Rouergue
Markets in and near Villefranche-de-Rouergue
Market days in Villefranche-de-Rouergue: weekly market: Thursday;
- Villefranche-de-Rouergue: market Thursday (0km)
- Najac: market Sunday - seasonal market only (15km)
- Rieupeyroux: market Sunday - seasonal market only (17km)
- Limogne-en-Quercy: market Friday - seasonal market only (22km)
- Limogne-en-Quercy: market Sunday & (22km)
- Aubin: market Wednesday & Friday (26km)
- Cransac: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (27km)
- Figeac: market Saturday (29km)
- Decazeville: market Tuesday & Friday (29km)
- Naucelle: market Saturday - seasonal market only (30km)
More information about Villefranche-de-Rouergue, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Villefranche-de-Rouergue, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Villefranche-de-Rouergue.
- Gréalou dolmen de Pech-Laglaire (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (24km)
- Figeac Hopital St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (29km)
- Conques pont sur le Dourdou (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (40km)
- Conques abbatiale Sainte-Foy (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (40km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (21km)
- Assier Chateau (38km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Figeac (28km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Causses du Quercy (37km)
- Jardins de Quercy (22km)
- Jardin de Paradis (33km)
- Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier (39km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Gorges de l'Aveyron (13km)
- Tindoul de la Vayssière (44km)
- Gouffre des Vitarelles (48km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Cayriech (37km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Villefranche-de-Rouergue
from Rodez (prefecture): 43 km
from Paris: 501 km
from Calais: 734 km
from Nice: 425 km
from Bordeaux: 214 km
from Strasbourg: 642 km
For driving distances to Villefranche-de-Rouergue from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Villefranche-de-Rouergue