Espinas, Tarn-et-Garonne tourism & sightseeing
Visit Espinas (Midi-Pyrenees, France)Photo Gallery
Espinas is a tiny village in the Tarn-et-Garonne most notable for its nearby chateau, the Chateau de Cas. The Chateau de Cas is in the Espinas commune and can be found on the road between Caylus and Saint-Antonin, a little way from the village itself.
Explore the Chateau de Cas
The Chateau de Cas dates back to the 13th century and during your visit you can explore its 14 furnished rooms including the bedrooms furnished in the style of Louis the 13th, 14th and 16th. There is a dungeon and a 10th century chapel and when you have finished exploring the interior you can explore the grounds.
Outside there are formal french style gardens with 3 fountains and a charming pigeonnier.
A visit to the chateau takes about an hour and a half and can be followed with refreshments.
The Chateau de Cas is open June to the end of September every afternoon except Mondays. It is open outside of these months but with more limited opening hours.
Espinas is a tiny village but with an attractively arcaded tourist office opposite its little church.
In the village is a pretty galleried building which has an exhibition of metalwork, and there is a pretty pigeonnier.
The road between Espinas and the Chateau de Cas is through a pretty valley.
Places to Visit Nearby
Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val is an extremely pretty town to the south of the Chateau de Cas. With its pretty bridge over the river and its wonderful medieval centre which contains the oldest mairie in France it is not to be missed on a visit to this part of the Tarn-et-Garonne.
Just a few kilometers away but over the border into the Aveyron department is one of France's "most beautiful villages". Najac's fortress was a Cathar stronghold and upon their defeat they were forced to build a church. The result is one of the finest gothic churches in the area.
Map of Espinas and places nearby
Visit near Espinas with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Tarn-et-Garonne
Address: Espinas, Caylus, Montauban, Midi-Pyrenees, 82160, France || GPS: latitude 44.1969, longitude 1.8294
Plan your visit to Espinas, Tarn-et-Garonne
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey: national monument (2 km)
- Jardins de Quercy: remarkable garden (4 km)
- Najac: town of art and history (12 km)
- Gorges de l'Aveyron: site of natural beauty (14 km)
- Cayriech: ville fleurie 4* (18 km)
- Jardin de Paradis: remarkable garden (18 km)
- Bruniquel: most beautiful village (21 km)
- Villefranche-de-Rouergue: recommended detour (24 km)
- Saint-Cirq-Lapopie: most beautiful village (32 km)
- Gaillac: recommended detour (33 km)
- Gréalou dolmen de Pech-Laglaire (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (38 km)
- Sauveterre-de-Rouergue: town of art and history (39 km)
The French version of this page is at Espinas (Francais)