Tourtouse tourism and travel guide
Visit Tourtouse: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Although tiny, the castle (and picnic area) in the centre of Tourtouse make a detour recommended
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Tourtouse. For detailed visitor information see the Tourtouse travel guide.
Tourtouse is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 42 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Tourtouse is 648 kilometres from Paris).
Tourtouse, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Tourtouse in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Tourtouse
Markets in and near Tourtouse
- Saint-Girons: market Saturday (12km)
- Salies-du-Salat: market Monday (14km)
- Cazeres: market Saturday (14km)
- Carbonne: market Thursday (25km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (26km)
- Seix: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (26km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market Saturday (27km)
- Aspet: market Wednesday & Saturday (27km)
- Saint-Gaudens: market Thursday (32km)
- Rieumes: market Thursday (36km)
More information about Tourtouse, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Tourtouse, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tourtouse.
- Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (10km)
- Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (20km)
- Valcabrère basilique St Just (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
- St Bertrand de Comminges chapelle St Julien (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (45km)
- St Bertrand de Comminges cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (46km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Montmaurin Gallo-Roman Villa (42km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (27km)
- Jardin de la poterie Hillen (49km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Henne Morte (25km)
- Cirque d'Anglade (41km)
- Gorges de la Save (41km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (50km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Tourtouse
from Foix (prefecture): 42 km
from Paris: 648 km
from Calais: 875 km
from Nice: 501 km
from Bordeaux: 237 km
from Strasbourg: 797 km
For driving distances to Tourtouse from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bagert, Barjac, Bedeille, Cerizols, Fabas, Lahitere, Lasserre, Mercenac, Merigon, Montardit, Sainte-Croix-Volvestre and Taurignan-Castet.
This page in French: Visiter Tourtouse