Senan tourism and travel guide
Visit Senan: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Senan is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 20 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Senan is 129 kilometres from Paris).
Senan, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Senan in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Senan
Markets in and near Senan
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (4km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (8km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (12km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (14km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (19km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (21km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (21km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (26km)
- Saint-Florentin: market Monday (29km)
- Sens: market Wednesday & Monday all day & Friday (32km)
More information about Senan, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Senan, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Senan.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Joigny (12km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (18km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (26km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (28km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (42km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (46km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Auxerre (21km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sens (32km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Senan
from Auxerre (prefecture): 20 km
from Paris: 129 km
from Calais: 355 km
from Nice: 558 km
from Bordeaux: 456 km
from Strasbourg: 333 km
Senan is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Senan from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Aillant-sur-Tholon, Beon, Champvallon, Chamvres, Laduz, Neuilly, Paroy-sur-Tholon, Poilly-sur-Tholon, Villiers-sur-Tholon and Volgre.
This page in French: Visiter Senan