Beon tourism and travel guide
Visit Beon: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Beon is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 25 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Beon is 123 kilometres from Paris).
Beon, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Beon in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Beon
Markets in and near Beon
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (6km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (9km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (9km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (14km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (14km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (22km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (25km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (26km)
- Sens: market Wednesday & Monday all day & Friday (27km)
- Saint-Valerien: market Saturday (30km)
More information about Beon, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Beon, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Beon.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (22km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (30km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (25km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (38km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (44km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (47km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Auxerre (26km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Beon
from Auxerre (prefecture): 25 km
from Paris: 123 km
from Calais: 349 km
from Nice: 563 km
from Bordeaux: 458 km
from Strasbourg: 335 km
Beon is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Beon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Cezy, Champvallon, Chamvres, Joigny, La Celle-Saint-Cyr, Paroy-sur-Tholon, Precy-sur-Vrin, Saint-Aubin-sur-Yonne, Senan, Villecien and Volgre.
This page in French: Visiter Beon