Chamvres tourism and travel guide
Visit Chamvres: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Chamvres is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 23 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Chamvres is 125 kilometres from Paris).
Chamvres, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chamvres in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Chamvres
Markets in and near Chamvres
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (4km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (9km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (10km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (11km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (15km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (24km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (24km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (25km)
- Sens: market Wednesday & Monday all day & Friday (28km)
- Saint-Florentin: market Monday (28km)
More information about Chamvres, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Chamvres, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chamvres.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Joigny (8km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (19km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (27km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (28km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (38km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Auxerre (24km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sens (28km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chamvres
from Auxerre (prefecture): 23 km
from Paris: 125 km
from Calais: 350 km
from Nice: 561 km
from Bordeaux: 460 km
from Strasbourg: 332 km
Chamvres is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Chamvres from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Beon, Cezy, Champvallon, Joigny, La Celle-Saint-Cyr, Looze, Neuilly, Paroy-sur-Tholon, Saint-Aubin-sur-Yonne, Senan, Villecien and Volgre.
This page in French: Visiter Chamvres