Volgre tourism and travel guide
Visit Volgre: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Volgre is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 22 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Volgre is 127 kilometres from Paris).
Volgre, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Volgre in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Volgre
Markets in and near Volgre
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (5km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (9km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (13km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (14km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (18km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (21km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (23km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (24km)
- Sens: market Wednesday & Monday all day & Friday (31km)
- Saint-Florentin: market Monday (31km)
More information about Volgre, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Volgre, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Volgre.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (21km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (29km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (26km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (42km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (43km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (46km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Auxerre (23km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Volgre
from Auxerre (prefecture): 22 km
from Paris: 127 km
from Calais: 353 km
from Nice: 559 km
from Bordeaux: 455 km
from Strasbourg: 336 km
Volgre is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Volgre from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Aillant-sur-Tholon, Beon, Champvallon, Chamvres, Paroy-sur-Tholon, Poilly-sur-Tholon, Precy-sur-Vrin, Senan and Villiers-sur-Tholon.
This page in French: Visiter Volgre