Rans tourism and travel guide
Visit Rans: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Rans is situated in the Jura department and Franche-Comte region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the east of France at 53 kilometres from Lons-le-Saunier, the department capital (general information: Rans is 316 kilometres from Paris).
Rans, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Rans in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Jura
Map of places to visit near Rans
Markets in and near Rans
- Dole: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (19km)
- Besancon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday & Friday (25km)
- Auxonne: market Friday (26km)
- Arbois: market Friday (27km)
- Pontailler-sur-Saone: market Saturday (30km)
- Gray: market Tuesday & Friday (36km)
- Levier: market Wednesday (36km)
- Pierre-de-Bresse: market Monday (45km)
- Champagnole: market Saturday (46km)
- Bletterans: market Tuesday (48km)
More information about Rans, Franche-Comte
Tourist attractions near Rans, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Rans.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardin à la Faulx (19km)
- Jardin du château du Talmay (32km)
- Parc de l'Etang (33km)
- Jardin des jeux du château d'Arlay (44km)
- Château d'Arcelot (49km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Sites of natural beauty
- Forêt de la Joux (39km)
- Gouffre de Poudrey (41km)
- Source - la Seille (42km)
Towns of Art and history
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Citadelle de Besançon (25km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Rans
from Lons-le-Saunier (prefecture): 53 km
from Paris: 316 km
from Calais: 509 km
from Nice: 400 km
from Bordeaux: 550 km
from Strasbourg: 220 km
Rans is in the east of France. Most visitors drive via Paris (from the north and west) or via Lyon (from the south), or fly into Geneva to the south For driving distances to Rans from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Auxange, Courtefontaine, Dampierre, Etrepigney, Evans, Fraisans, La Barre, La Breteniere, Le Petit-Mercey, Monteplain, Orchamps, Our, Plumont, Ranchot and Salans.
This page in French: Visiter Rans