Montels tourism and travel guide
Visit Montels: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Montels is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 12 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Montels is 654 kilometres from Paris).
Montels, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montels in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Montels
Markets in and near Montels
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (4km)
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (17km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market Sunday - seasonal market only (26km)
- Saverdun: market Friday (27km)
- Saint-Girons: market Saturday (27km)
- Seix: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (27km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (32km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market Saturday (32km)
- Mazeres: market Thursday (32km)
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (34km)
More information about Montels, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Montels, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montels.
- Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (27km)
- Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (37km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (4km)
- Parc aux Bambous (28km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Vallée de Vicdessos (32km)
- Cirque d'Anglade (38km)
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (39km)
- Cirque du Sisca (50km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montels
from Foix (prefecture): 12 km
from Paris: 654 km
from Calais: 884 km
from Nice: 475 km
from Bordeaux: 262 km
from Strasbourg: 788 km
For driving distances to Montels from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Aigues-Juntes, Alzen, Baulou, Benac, Burret, Cadarcet, Cazaux, La Bastide-de-Serou, Loubens, Montagagne, Nescus, Saint-Martin-de-Caralp, Serres-sur-Arget and Suzan.
This page in French: Visiter Montels