Escosse tourism and travel guide
Visit Escosse: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Escosse is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 18 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Escosse is 640 kilometres from Paris).
Escosse, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Escosse in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Escosse
Markets in and near Escosse
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (4km)
- Saverdun: market Friday (12km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (16km)
- Mazeres: market Thursday (17km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market Saturday (23km)
- Auterive: market Friday (26km)
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (27km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (32km)
- Carbonne: market Thursday (33km)
- Villefranche-de-Lauragais: market Friday (33km)
More information about Escosse, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Escosse, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Escosse.
- Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (36km)
- Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (48km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Revel (52km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (17km)
- Parc aux Bambous (17km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (40km)
- Cirque d'Anglade (52km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Escosse
from Foix (prefecture): 18 km
from Paris: 640 km
from Calais: 870 km
from Nice: 466 km
from Bordeaux: 255 km
from Strasbourg: 773 km
For driving distances to Escosse from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Benagues, Bezac, Bonnac, Lescousse, Madiere, Pamiers, Saint-Amans, Saint-Bauzeil, Saint-Jean-du-Falga, Saint-Martin-d'Oydes, Saint-Michel, Saint-Victor-Rouzaud and Unzent.
This page in French: Visiter Escosse