Dun tourism and travel guide
Visit Dun: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Dun is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 17 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Dun is 649 kilometres from Paris).
Dun, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Dun in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Dun
Markets in and near Dun
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (9km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (11km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (18km)
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (19km)
- Mazeres: market Thursday (26km)
- Saverdun: market Friday (29km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (30km)
- Limoux: market Friday all day (34km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market Thursday - seasonal market only (34km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market Tuesday & Saturday (34km)
More information about Dun, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Dun, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Dun.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Limoux (34km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (30km)
- Parc aux Bambous (14km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (18km)
- Gorges de la Pierre-Lys (39km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (45km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Dun
from Foix (prefecture): 17 km
from Paris: 649 km
from Calais: 881 km
from Nice: 448 km
from Bordeaux: 277 km
from Strasbourg: 770 km
For driving distances to Dun from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 17 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arvigna, Besset, Calzan, Carla-de-Roquefort, Coutens, Esclagne, Les Issards, Lieurac, Limbrassac, Pradettes, Saint-Julien-de-Gras-Capou, Sautel, Tabre, Tourtrol, Ventenac, Vira and Vivies.
This page in French: Visiter Dun