Vira tourism and travel guide
Visit Vira: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Vira is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 15 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Vira is 647 kilometres from Paris).
Vira, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Vira in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Vira
Markets in and near Vira
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (10km)
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (15km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (15km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (22km)
- Mazeres: market Thursday (23km)
- Saverdun: market Friday (25km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (27km)
- Castelnaudary: market Monday all day (33km)
- Bram: market Wednesday (36km)
- Limoux: market Friday all day (37km)
More information about Vira, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Vira, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Vira.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Camon (17km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Limoux (38km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (27km)
- Parc aux Bambous (11km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (22km)
- Gorges de la Pierre-Lys (44km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (45km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Vira
from Foix (prefecture): 15 km
from Paris: 647 km
from Calais: 878 km
from Nice: 451 km
from Bordeaux: 273 km
from Strasbourg: 770 km
For driving distances to Vira from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arvigna, Calzan, Coutens, Dun, Les Issards, Les Pujols, Malleon, Manses, Rieucros, Segura, Teilhet, Tourtrol, Vals, Ventenac and Vivies.
This page in French: Visiter Vira