Charroux tourism and travel guide
Visit Charroux: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Charroux is a very quiet Auvergne village, unusual in the 'village centre' being a hard to find area of grass!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Charroux. For detailed visitor information see the Charroux travel guide.
Charroux is situated in the Allier department and Auvergne region (now part of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region), in the south of France at 44 kilometres from Moulins, the department capital (general information: Charroux is 303 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Charroux include "most beautiful village".
Charroux, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Charroux in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Allier
Map of places to visit near Charroux
Markets in and near Charroux
- Bellenaves: market Wednesday (6km)
- Ebreuil: market Thursday (10km)
- Gannat: market Saturday (10km)
- Saint-Pourcain-sur-Sioule: market Wednesday & Saturday (17km)
- Bellerive-sur-Allier: market Saturday (21km)
- Saint-Germain-Des-Fosses: market Friday (21km)
- Montmarault: market Wednesday (22km)
- Vichy: market Every day except Monday (22km)
- Varennes-sur-Allier: market Tuesday (23km)
- Cusset: market Saturday (24km)
More information about Charroux, Auvergne
Tourist attractions near Charroux, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Charroux.
- Chareil-Cintrat Chateau (10km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Lapalisse (37km)
- Neris-les-Bains (40km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbatial church de Saint Pierre de Mozac (Mozac) (31km)
- Collégiale Saint-Victor et Sainte-Couronne d'Ennezat (Ennezat) (32km)
- Cathédrale Notre Dame de l'Assomption (Clermont-ferrand) (43km)
- Eglise de Saint Georges (Bourbon-l'Archambault) (45km)
- Parc du domaine royal de Randan (24km)
- Parc du château de Blanzat (40km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Thiers (47km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Forêt des Colettes (15km)
Amusement park / theme park
- Le PAL (55km)
Towns of Art and history
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Montmarault (22km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Vichy (22km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc d'Attractions et Animalier (PAL) (51km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Charroux
from Moulins (prefecture): 44 km
from Paris: 303 km
from Calais: 538 km
from Nice: 425 km
from Bordeaux: 328 km
from Strasbourg: 436 km
For driving distances to Charroux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Chantelle, Chezelle, Etroussat, Jenzat, Le Mayet-d'Ecole, Naves, Saint-Bonnet-de-Rochefort, Saint-Germain-de-Salles, Saulzet, Taxat-Senat, Ussel-d'Allier and Vicq.
This page in French: Visiter Charroux