Alet-les-Bains tourism and travel guide
Visit Alet-les-Bains: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The abbey ruins are the most imposing monument in Alet-les-Bains but be sure to explore the town to discover the other highlights
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Alet-les-Bains. For detailed visitor information see the Alet-les-Bains travel guide.
Alet-les-Bains is situated in the Aude department and Languedoc-Roussillon region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 25 kilometres from Carcassonne, the department capital (general information: Alet-les-Bains is 652 kilometres from Paris).
Alet-les-Bains, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Alet-les-Bains in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aude
Map of places to visit near Alet-les-Bains
Markets in and near Alet-les-Bains
- Esperaza: market Thursday & Sunday (7km)
- Limoux: market Friday all day (7km)
- Quillan: market Wednesday & Saturday (15km)
- Carcassonne: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (25km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (28km)
- Bram: market Wednesday (30km)
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (32km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (34km)
- Castelnaudary: market Monday all day (43km)
- Prades: market Tuesday (44km)
More information about Alet-les-Bains, Languedoc-Roussillon
Tourist attractions near Alet-les-Bains, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Alet-les-Bains.
Grand sites of France
- Carcassonne City (25km)
- Carcassonne (25km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Sainte Marie de Marcevol (Arboussols) (42km)
- Eglise de Trinité d'Aregno (Aregno) (47km)
- Chapelle de Casenoves (Ille-sur-tet) (47km)
- Prieuré de Serrabone (Boule-d'Amont) (52km)
- Parc aux Bambous (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Gorges de l'Orbieu (18km)
- Gorges de la Pierre-Lys (18km)
- Cité de Carcassonne (25km)
- Gorges de Galamus (26km)
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (28km)
- Gouffre de Cabrespine (44km)
- Orgued d'Ille-sur-Tet (47km)
- Cirque du Sisca (61km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Alet-les-Bains
from Carcassonne (prefecture): 25 km
from Paris: 652 km
from Calais: 885 km
from Nice: 413 km
from Bordeaux: 305 km
from Strasbourg: 753 km
For driving distances to Alet-les-Bains from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Antugnac, Cassaignes, Conilhac-de-la-Montagne, Couiza, Cournanel, La Digne-d'Aval, La Serpent, Luc-sur-Aude, Magrie, Montazels, Peyrolles, Roquetaillade, Saint-Polycarpe, Serres and Veraza.
This page in French: Visiter Alet-les-Bains