Oradour-sur-Glane tourism and travel guide
Visit Oradour-sur-Glane: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The village of Oradour-sur-Glane is a memorial town, now maintained in the condition it was left in by the retreating Nazis in 1944. Very moving experience.
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Oradour-sur-Glane. For detailed visitor information see the Oradour-sur-Glane travel guide.
Oradour-sur-Glane is situated in the Haute-Vienne department and Limousin region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the southern-centre of France at 19 kilometres from Limoges, the department capital (general information: Oradour-sur-Glane is 340 kilometres from Paris).
Oradour-sur-Glane, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Oradour-sur-Glane in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Haute-Vienne
Map of places to visit near Oradour-sur-Glane
Markets in and near Oradour-sur-Glane
- Saint-Junien: market Saturday (11km)
- Limoges: market every day (18km)
- Saint-Pardoux: market Wednesday (24km)
- Chalus: market Friday (31km)
- Piegut-Pluviers: market Wednesday (43km)
More information about Oradour-sur-Glane, Limousin
Tourist attractions near Oradour-sur-Glane, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Oradour-sur-Glane.
- Aquarium du Limousin (21km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Perigord-Limousin (40km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint-Amand (Saint-Junien) (11km)
- Abbatiale de Saint Pierre (Lesterps) (21km)
- Abbatial church de Saint Pierre (Solignac) (27km)
- Abbaye de la Réau (Saint-Martin-l'Ars) (47km)
- Eglise d'Usson de Poitou (Usson-du-Poitou) (55km)
- Jardin de Liliane (19km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Site Corot (11km)
- Lac de Saint-Pardoux (23km)
- Réserve naturelle régionale Étang de la Monnerie (28km)
- Grotte de Montgaudier (53km)
Towns of Art and history
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Bellac (21km)
- Bessines-sur-Gartempe (32km)
- Pierre-Buffiere (37km)
- Magnac-Bourg (47km)
- La Souterraine (49km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Hilaire-les-Places (33km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Oradour-sur-Glane
from Limoges (prefecture): 19 km
from Paris: 340 km
from Calais: 561 km
from Nice: 551 km
from Bordeaux: 175 km
from Strasbourg: 586 km
For driving distances to Oradour-sur-Glane from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Oradour-sur-Glane