Lac de Saint-Pardoux, Haute-Vienne visitors guide
Visit Lac de Saint-Pardoux, FrancePhoto Gallery
Situated about 25 kilometres to the north of Limoges, the Lake of Saint-Pardoux is one of the most visited destinations in the Haute-Vienne department of Limousin.
The lake is substantial in size, with a surface area covering more than 300 hectares (750 acres), and offers a wide range of facilities and activities to summer visitors.
Start your visit at the Site de Santrop, at the main entrance to the lake. Here you can find a good choice of outdoor activities, from quiet walks around the edges of the lake to boating on the water, and from beaches around the edges of the lake to acrobatic tree adventure parks (accrobranche in French).
Among the most popular with families are the various activities on the beaches, while active teenagers will enjoy absailing across the waters of the lake.
Fitness enthusiasts will want to try the 'Parcours de Santé', a marked series of 4 routes between 700 metres and 1.3 kilometres long that include various balancing exercises, climbing walls and other challenges - a perfect way to help you children use of some of their surplus energy (at the Site de Santrop).
The second main centre at the Lac de Pardoux is the Site de Chabannes, where you will find all the major water based and boating activities, as well as a mountain bike course, climbing wall and tennis courts.
If you are staying here a few days, most of the accommodation is at the Site de Fréaudour, where a small village of gites has been developed.
Various other accommodation options such as camping and chalets are also available at the lake, along with bars and restaurants and a useful information centre.
Rather than I try and describe all the reasons you will enjoy a visit to Saint-Pardoux lake it is probably easier if you watch the promotional video...:
Note that the Lac de Saint-Pardoux is only a few kilometres from the A20/E9 autoroute that heads from Paris to the Dordogne and south-west France. The lake is perfectly placed for a break from the journey south and a chance to take a rest.
Map of Lac de Saint-Pardoux and places nearby
Visit near Lac de Saint-Pardoux with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Haute-Vienne
Plan your visit to Lac de Saint-Pardoux, Haute-Vienne
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Bessines-sur-Gartempe: village d'etape (9 km)
- Bellac: village d'etape (19 km)
- Limoges: town of art and history (25 km)
- La Souterraine: village d'etape (25 km)
- Aquarium du Limousin: aquarium (26 km)
- Saint-Leonard de Noblat église (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (29 km)
- Saint-Leonard-de-Noblat: recommended detour (29 km)
- Abbatial church de Saint Pierre (Solignac): religious monument (34 km)
- Site Corot: site of natural beauty (35 km)
- Abbaye de Saint-Amand (Saint-Junien): religious monument (35 km)
- Abbatiale de Saint Pierre (Lesterps): religious monument (39 km)
- Jardin de Liliane: remarkable garden (41 km)
The French version of this page is at Lac de Saint-Pardoux (Francais)