Montmorillon tourism and travel guide
Visit Montmorillon: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Although it is quite a small town, there is a lot to discover in the pretty town of Montmorillon - and bookshops!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Montmorillon. For detailed visitor information see the Montmorillon travel guide.
Montmorillon is situated in the Vienne department and Poitou-Charentes region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the west of France at 44 kilometres from Poitiers, the department capital (general information: Montmorillon is 292 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Montmorillon include "town of art and history".
Montmorillon, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montmorillon in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Vienne
Map of places to visit near Montmorillon
Markets in and near Montmorillon
Market days in Montmorillon: weekly market: Wednesday;
- Montmorillon: market Wednesday (0km)
- Saint-Savin: market Friday (16km)
- Le Blanc: market Saturday (27km)
- La Roche-Posay: market Tuesday & Friday (40km)
- Poitiers: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday all day & Friday (45km)
- Jaunay-Clan: market Friday (48km)
- Naintre: market Sunday (48km)
- Saint-Gaultier: market Friday (48km)
- Chatellerault: market Wednesday & Thursday all day & Saturday (50km)
- Mezieres-en-Brenne: market Thursday (51km)
More information about Montmorillon, Poitou-Charentes
Tourist attractions near Montmorillon, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montmorillon.
- Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe Abbey (29km)
- Poitiers église Saint-Hilaire le Grand (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Abbey Saint-Sauveur de Charroux (47km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Chauvigny (23km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Brenne (39km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre-Dame (Montmorillon) (0km)
- Abbaye de Saint Savin sur Gartempe (Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe) (16km)
- Eglise de Saint Gervais et Saint Protais (Civaux) (16km)
- Eglise de Saint Pierre (Chauvigny) (23km)
- Eglise d'Usson de Poitou (Usson-du-Poitou) (31km)
- Abbaye de la Réau (Saint-Martin-l'Ars) (36km)
- Eglise de Saint Maurice (Saint-Maurice-la-Clouere) (36km)
- Abbaye de Nouaillé-Mauperthuis (Nouaille-Maupertuis) (36km)
- Abbaye Bénédictine (Charroux) (48km)
- Eglise de Saint Pierre (Chatain) (52km)
- Eglise de Saint Nicolas (Civray) (54km)
- Eglise de Genouillé (Genouille) (54km)
- Touffou (30km)
- Laverré (41km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Etangs de la Brenne (39km)
- Lac de Saint-Pardoux (54km)
Amusement park / theme park
- Futuroscope (47km)
Towns of Art and history
- Poitiers (44km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Bellac (37km)
- Bessines-sur-Gartempe (52km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Vallée des singes (monkeys) (49km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montmorillon
from Poitiers (prefecture): 44 km
from Paris: 292 km
from Calais: 508 km
from Nice: 586 km
from Bordeaux: 209 km
from Strasbourg: 569 km
Montmorillon is in the west of France. Most visitors arrive here by car - the ferry ports such as Caen, Saint Malo and Cherbourg are convenient at around 4-5 hours drive. For driving distances to Montmorillon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Saulge.
This page in French: Visiter Montmorillon