Hunawihr tourism and travel guide
Visit Hunawihr: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: In the heart of the Alsace wine region you should visit Hunawihr, now listed among the 'most beautiful villages in France'
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Hunawihr. For detailed visitor information see the Hunawihr travel guide.
Hunawihr is situated in the Haut-Rhin department and Alsace region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 11 kilometres from Colmar, the department capital (general information: Hunawihr is 373 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Hunawihr include "most beautiful village".
Hunawihr, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Hunawihr in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Haut-Rhin
Map of places to visit near Hunawihr
Markets in and near Hunawihr
- Ribeauville: market Saturday (1km)
- Riquewihr: market Friday (2km)
- Kaysersberg: market Monday & Friday (6km)
- Turckheim: market Friday (11km)
- Colmar: market Wednesday & Thursday & Saturday (11km)
- Selestat: market Tuesday & Saturday (13km)
- Ville: market Wednesday (18km)
- Munster: market Saturday (20km)
- Fraize: market Friday (24km)
- Barr: market Saturday (26km)
More information about Hunawihr, Alsace
Tourist attractions near Hunawihr, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Hunawihr.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Obernai (34km)
- Thann (44km)
- Parc du domaine de Schoppenwihr (4km)
- Parc du château de Kintzheim (10km)
- Jardin d'altitude du Haut-Chitelet (27km)
- Jardins de Callunes (29km)
- Parc de la Marseillaise (32km)
- Domaine du Windeck (32km)
- Parc de Wesserling (41km)
- Le jardin de Marguerite (44km)
- Jardin botanique de Gondremer (46km)
- Jardin du chateau de Kolbsheim (47km)
- Jardin botanique de l'université de Strasbourg (55km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Colmar (11km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Champ du Feu (24km)
- Hohneck (27km)
- Cascade de la Pissoire (45km)
- Ballon d'Alsace (53km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Ribeauville (1km)
- Bergheim (4km)
- Marckolsheim (17km)
- Itterswiller (22km)
- Soultzmatt (25km)
- Diebolsheim (28km)
- Sausheim (44km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Cigoland (11km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Hunawihr
from Colmar (prefecture): 11 km
from Paris: 373 km
from Calais: 500 km
from Nice: 498 km
from Bordeaux: 709 km
from Strasbourg: 55 km
Hunawihr is in the north-east of France. Most visitors fly into Paris or drive from one of the channel port - Calais and Dunkirk are around 6 hours distance. For driving distances to Hunawihr from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 16 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Beblenheim, Bennwihr, Bergheim, Guemar, Kaysersberg, Kientzheim, Mittelwihr, Ostheim, Ribeauville, Riquewihr, Rodern, Rorschwihr, Saint-Hippolyte, Sigolsheim, Thannenkirch and Zellenberg.
This page in French: Visiter Hunawihr