Gandelain tourism and travel guide
Visit Gandelain: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Gandelain is situated in the Orne department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 14 kilometres from Alencon, the department capital (general information: Gandelain is 184 kilometres from Paris).
Gandelain, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Gandelain in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Orne
Map of places to visit near Gandelain
Markets in and near Gandelain
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (14km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (20km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (23km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (24km)
- Sees: market Saturday (24km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (26km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (30km)
- Briouze: market Monday (32km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market Wednesday (32km)
- Beaumont-sur-Sarthe: market Tuesday (33km)
More information about Gandelain, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Gandelain, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Gandelain.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Carrouges Chateau (10km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Normandie-Maine (10km)
- Sassy (22km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Signal d'Écouves (12km)
- Forêt d'Écouves (13km)
- Mont du Haut-Fourché (14km)
- Forêt de Perseigne (26km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Loup-du-Gast (38km)
- Saint-Fraimbault (45km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Gandelain
from Alencon (prefecture): 14 km
from Paris: 184 km
from Calais: 308 km
from Nice: 777 km
from Bordeaux: 407 km
from Strasbourg: 577 km
Gandelain is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-channel ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Gandelain from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Champfremont, Ciral, La Roche-Mabile, Lalacelle, Livaie, Longuenoe, Ravigny, Saint-Denis-sur-Sarthon and Saint-Ellier-les-Bois.
This page in French: Visiter Gandelain