Camon tourism and travel guide
Visit Camon: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The fortified village of Camon, listed as a 'most beautiful village of France' is one of our favourites in this region
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Camon. For detailed visitor information see the Camon travel guide.
Camon is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 30 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Camon is 649 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Camon include "most beautiful village".
Camon, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Camon in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Camon
Markets in and near Camon
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (10km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (13km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (14km)
- Limoux: market Friday all day (20km)
- Esperaza: market Thursday & Sunday (23km)
- Quillan: market Wednesday & Saturday (24km)
- Bram: market Wednesday (28km)
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (32km)
- Castelnaudary: market Monday all day (33km)
- Mazeres: market Thursday (34km)
More information about Camon, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Camon, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Camon.
Grand sites of France
- Carcassonne City (38km)
- Carcassonne (38km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (44km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Sainte Marie de Marcevol (Arboussols) (59km)
- Parc aux Bambous (22km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (13km)
- Gorges de la Pierre-Lys (28km)
- Cité de Carcassonne (38km)
- Gorges de l'Orbieu (42km)
- Gorges de Galamus (47km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (54km)
- Gouffre de Cabrespine (55km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Camon
from Foix (prefecture): 30 km
from Paris: 649 km
from Calais: 882 km
from Nice: 435 km
from Bordeaux: 287 km
from Strasbourg: 763 km
For driving distances to Camon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Belloc, Chalabre, Corbieres, Gueytes-et-Labastide, Lagarde, Leran, Montbel, Montjardin, Moulin-Neuf, Peyrefitte-du-Razes, Roumengoux, Saint-Quentin-la-Tour, Sonnac-sur-l'Hers and Treziers.
This page in French: Visiter Camon