Bou tourism and travel guide
Visit Bou: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Bou is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 11 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Bou is 111 kilometres from Paris).
Popular places to visit nearby include Parc Floral de la Source, Orleans at 9 km and Cathedral of Sainte-Croix, Orleans at 11 km. For more places to visit and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Bou, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Bou in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Bou
Markets in and near Bou
- Orleans: market every day except Monday (11km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais: market Tuesday & Sunday (11km)
- Chateauneuf-sur-Loire: market Friday all day (13km)
- La Ferte-Saint-Aubin: market Thursday (19km)
- Meung-sur-Loire: market Sunday (27km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (27km)
- Lamotte-Beuvron: market Friday (30km)
- Beaugency: market Saturday all day (33km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (35km)
- Pithiviers: market Saturday all day (36km)
More information about Bou, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Bou, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Bou.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Beaugency (33km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (20km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (31km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (9km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (18km)
- Les prés-Culand (27km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orleans (11km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Cyr-en-Val (8km)
- Olivet (11km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais (11km)
- Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle (14km)
- Quiers-sur-Bezonde (32km)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (41km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere (52km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Bou
from Orleans (prefecture): 11 km
from Paris: 111 km
from Calais: 342 km
from Nice: 615 km
from Bordeaux: 393 km
from Strasbourg: 429 km
Bou is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Bou from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Boigny-sur-Bionne, Checy, Combleux, Darvoy, Donnery, Ferolles, Jargeau, Mardie, Saint-Cyr-en-Val, Saint-Jean-de-Braye and Sandillon.
This page in French: Visiter Bou