Saint-Cyr-en-Val tourism and travel guide
Visit Saint-Cyr-en-Val: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Saint-Cyr-en-Val is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 9 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Saint-Cyr-en-Val is 117 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Saint-Cyr-en-Val include "ville fleurie 4*".
Popular places to visit nearby include Parc Floral de la Source, Orleans at 3 km and Cathedral of Sainte-Croix, Orleans at 9 km. For more places to visit and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Saint-Cyr-en-Val, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saint-Cyr-en-Val in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Saint-Cyr-en-Val
Markets in and near Saint-Cyr-en-Val
- Orleans: market every day except Monday (9km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais: market Tuesday & Sunday (12km)
- La Ferte-Saint-Aubin: market Thursday (12km)
- Chateauneuf-sur-Loire: market Friday all day (19km)
- Meung-sur-Loire: market Sunday (21km)
- Lamotte-Beuvron: market Friday (25km)
- Beaugency: market Saturday all day (27km)
- Saint-Laurent-Nouan: market Friday (29km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (31km)
- Nouan-le-Fuzelier: market Wednesday (33km)
More information about Saint-Cyr-en-Val, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Saint-Cyr-en-Val, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Cyr-en-Val.
- Talcy Chateau (40km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Beaugency (26km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (25km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (38km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (3km)
- Les prés-Culand (20km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (25km)
- Jardin du château de Talcy (40km)
- Parc du château de Beauregard (55km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orleans (9km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Olivet (6km)
- Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle (11km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais (12km)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (38km)
- Quiers-sur-Bezonde (40km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere (52km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saint-Cyr-en-Val
from Orleans (prefecture): 9 km
from Paris: 117 km
from Calais: 347 km
from Nice: 616 km
from Bordeaux: 386 km
from Strasbourg: 436 km
Saint-Cyr-en-Val is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Saint-Cyr-en-Val from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Saint-Cyr-en-Val