Bellac tourism and travel guide
Visit Bellac: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The small market town of Bellac has some medieval houses of interest, and a picturesque bridge across the river
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Bellac. For detailed visitor information see the Bellac travel guide.
Bellac is situated in the Haute-Vienne department and Limousin region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the southern-centre of France at 34 kilometres from Limoges, the department capital (general information: Bellac is 319 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Bellac include "village d'etape".
Bellac, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Bellac in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Haute-Vienne
Map of places to visit near Bellac
Markets in and near Bellac
- Saint-Pardoux: market Wednesday (19km)
- Saint-Junien: market Saturday (28km)
- Limoges: market every day (34km)
- Montmorillon: market Wednesday (37km)
More information about Bellac, Limousin
Tourist attractions near Bellac, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Bellac.
- Aquarium du Limousin (36km)
- Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe Abbey (39km)
- Saint-Leonard de Noblat église (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (46km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Benoit-du-Sault (44km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Saint-Leonard-de-Noblat (46km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbatiale de Saint Pierre (Lesterps) (24km)
- Abbaye de Saint-Amand (Saint-Junien) (28km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame (Montmorillon) (37km)
- Abbaye de la Réau (Saint-Martin-l'Ars) (39km)
- Eglise d'Usson de Poitou (Usson-du-Poitou) (44km)
- Abbatial church de Saint Pierre (Solignac) (44km)
- Eglise de Saint Gervais et Saint Protais (Civaux) (47km)
- Jardin de Liliane (40km)
- Jardin-arboretum de La Sédelle (53km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lac de Saint-Pardoux (21km)
- Site Corot (27km)
Towns of Art and history
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Bessines-sur-Gartempe (25km)
- La Souterraine (36km)
- Eguzon-Chantome (54km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Bellac
from Limoges (prefecture): 34 km
from Paris: 319 km
from Calais: 540 km
from Nice: 558 km
from Bordeaux: 191 km
from Strasbourg: 574 km
For driving distances to Bellac from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Bellac