Bavay tourism and travel guide
Visit Bavay: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The town of Bavay has an important Roman forum and other Roman ruins
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Bavay. For detailed visitor information see the Bavay travel guide.
Bavay is situated in the Nord department and Nord-Pas-de-Calais region (now part of the Hauts-de-France region), in the north-east of France at 64 kilometres from Lille, the department capital (general information: Bavay is 191 kilometres from Paris).
Bavay, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Bavay in Hauts-de-France.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Nord
Map of places to visit near Bavay
Markets in and near Bavay
Market days in Bavay: weekly market: Friday;
- Bavay: market Friday (0km)
- Aulnoye-Aymeries: market Tuesday (12km)
- Bruay-sur-l'Escaut: market Thursday & Sunday (21km)
- Anzin: market Tuesday & Friday (22km)
- Jeumont: market Thursday (22km)
- Avesnes-sur-Helpe: market Friday (22km)
- Beuvrages: market Sunday (22km)
- Cousolre: market Wednesday (27km)
- Denain: market Thursday (28km)
- Douchy-les-Mines: market Saturday (28km)
More information about Bavay, Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Tourist attractions near Bavay, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Bavay.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Saint-Amand-les-Eaux (31km)
- Fourmies (36km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- l'Avesnois (16km)
- Scarpe-Escaut (30km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame de Vaucelles (Les Rues-des-Vignes) (45km)
- Le jardin de Sylvie Fontaine (18km)
- Le parc Barbieux (61km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Réserve naturelle régionale du Pré des Nonnettes (40km)
- Réserve naturelle régionale de la Tourbière de Vred (40km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Mastaing (34km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Bavay
from Lille (prefecture): 64 km
from Paris: 191 km
from Calais: 155 km
from Nice: 779 km
from Bordeaux: 690 km
from Strasbourg: 344 km
For driving distances to Bavay from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 16 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Amfroipret, Audignies, Bellignies, Bermeries, Bettrechies, Gussignies, Hargnies, Hon-Hergies, Houdain-Lez-Bavay, La Flamengrie, La Longueville, Mecquignies, Obies, Saint-Waast, Taisnieres-sur-Hon and Vieux-Mesnil.
This page in French: Visiter Bavay