Pomps tourism and travel guide
Visit Pomps: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Pomps is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 25 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Pomps is 637 kilometres from Paris).
Pomps, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Pomps in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Pomps
Markets in and near Pomps
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market Saturday (6km)
- Artix: market Wednesday & Sunday (10km)
- Mourenx: market Wednesday & Saturday (13km)
- Hagetmau: market Wednesday all day (19km)
- Monein: market Monday (19km)
- Orthez: market Tuesday (20km)
- Amou: market Sunday (20km)
- Navarrenx: market Wednesday (26km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (26km)
- Salies-de-Bearn: market Thursday (31km)
More information about Pomps, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Pomps, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Pomps.
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (30km)
- Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (32km)
- Eglise St Blaise (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (32km)
- Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (34km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (42km)
- Jardin du château de Momas (9km)
- Jardins du château de Viven (14km)
- Parc du Sarrat (48km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Grottes de Betharram (52km)
Towns of Art and history
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie (34km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Zoo d'Asson (46km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Pomps
from Pau (prefecture): 25 km
from Paris: 637 km
from Calais: 849 km
from Nice: 629 km
from Bordeaux: 150 km
from Strasbourg: 854 km
Pomps is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Pomps from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 16 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arget, Arnos, Arthez-de-Bearn, Bouillon, Boumourt, Casteide-Candau, Doazon, Garos, Geus-d'Arzacq, Larreule, Mazerolles, Morlanne, Piets-Plasence-Moustrou, Saint-Medard, Urdes and Uzan.
This page in French: Visiter Pomps